Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wednesday: see below; also, $135 cash in

Thursday: We went to the dentist, got our teeth cleaned, and had no co-pay. No $$ out.

Friday: Grocery Shopping. As planned, I went to Grocery Outlet first. That can be a dangerous place, especially the health and beauty aisle. So I kept repeating to myself, "I don't need shampoo or moisturizer right now," over and over. I found tartar sauce, bacon (score!), sugar and organic cereal. I also got a good deal on V-8, which G likes, and some other stuff.

Grocery Outlet: $51.39

Then we were off to Food Source, where we got everything else except honey mustard. How do they not have honey mustard? I love me some honey mustard on turkey, but I'm not making a special trip to Safeway just for that.


Food Source: $37.41

Michael's: I went to look for memorabilia pockets, to hold our blessings in an album. They didn't have them, but they did have large sets of beads for 30 cents each; and a set of building cards for A's birthday that build a castle or many other kinds of buildings - right up his alley, $12.95.

Michaels: $15.06

Total out Friday: $103.86

Saturday:

Farmer's Market (corn, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, tomatoes, watermelon, zucchini): $26.00

Lakeshore Learning: this was our splurge today. I love the large washable stamp pads and the spill-proof paint cups the teacher at our art class uses. They were having a 20% off sale, so I splurged on paint cups, 10 bottles tempera paint, brushes, a workbook for A., and a set of 5 large stamp pads for $62.17. Kind of a lot, and I'll have to look into a cheaper source for the paint. But when I consider how long it will keep the boys busy, I think it's worth it. And, I had enough cash in my wallet to cover both the Farmer's Market and the store, so that was nice.

Total out Saturday: $88.17

No comments: